Friday, November 21, 2008

9 Days!

October was such a slow month is comparison to November ... how is it already the 21st?! Anyways, I am more excited today than I was yesterday. I don't feel like I've ever been so excited about anything before, not even Paris. Usually I don't stray from my "go with the flow" rhythm, but I think not knowing anything at all about what's going on is probably what has me thinking about this nonstop! I mean, I don't know what my job will be, where I will live, if I'll have a hut, if I'll have electricity or running water, who my friends will be, what food those crazy Guineans eat, what clothes I'll wear, what kind of family I'll be living with during training, what language I have to learn  ... it's all completely unknown. But that's how I like things. You know, keepin' it interesting. 

A big group of my fellow PCers found me online (incredible stalking skills, I like them already). So to all of you, 'hi' and I enjoy reading all of your messages between each other. See you in a few days!

The funniest thing though, is that at this exact time in 2 weeks I am going to be sleeping somewhere with an African family. haha just thinking about it cracks me up! How do I always get myself into these things?

To everyone who has been sending me CDs, THANK YOU! I love each and every one of them. A lot. I never imagined that I'd get such a positive response, y'all are amazing. It's also been really fun opening the mailbox and getting fun packages on a near-daily basis. Really, I love you all. 




2 comments:

  1. First of all, DUDE! 9 DAYS!! That´s so exciting and I am really freakin happy for you.

    Second of all, I am so glad you enjoy my blog..and my bizarre nuances. I was thinking to myself, why weren´t we friends before, but I kind of like how we have this bond via blog. It´s a ¨new age realationship¨...for those ¨damn hipsters¨ as my dad would say.

    As far as your concerns over packing go, don´t worry about the whole laptop thing. I didn´t bring mine and I am glad (my parents are bringing it to me, but I´ve found I need it to make presentations and my work needs it). But you may not even have good computer access or electricity or a need for it. Just one more thing to get stolen or ruined, I say. Plus, I think Ecuador is more Posh Corps than Peace Corps...you will definitely be roughing it, my friend.

    BUT YOU ARE MADE FOR IT! Dude, the first weeks are intense but SO amazing.

    Oh and did you call Andy by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caitlin -- this is Erin Ruberry from UMD. Just found your blog and everything sounds so exciting. You will definitely have a huge adventure in just a few weeks.

    I've been living and working in Seoul and definitely agree that it's necessary to get out of the country and explore the world while we're still young and able.

    I'll definitely be following your blog. Please check mine out as well. Peace.

    ReplyDelete