Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cribs: MAMOU


The tour starts with the family room, you might enjoy knowing that the turquoise patterned table cloth matches the curtains and bulletin board you see hanging accented with pink ribbon, all made by yours truly.Here is what I call the kitchen. Minus of course, the fridge, dish washer, oven, and kitchen sink. The hanging "calabashes" I made myself, and prevents mice and such from eating my food. White bucket contraption? That's where us volunteers have been trained to filter and bleach water to avoid parasites and worms.


Here's the bathroom, furnished with a shower, toliet and sink. None of which function, seeing as I don't have running water. Optimistic construction workers? The buckets you see are a staple of any Guinean household ... that's where the showers/laundry/toilet flushing power comes from.
And the bedroom ... furnished with a nice cubbyhole/basket system that I thought up, drew, and handed to my carpenter. Hanging mini-mirrors, thanks to the Chinese invasion of this country ... I had to peel off the sexy Chinese lady stickers that were attached originally. Also home made. You can the wonderful bed and the princess canopy, aka mosquito net. And if you've sent me a card look closely in the background ... you'll see it hanging up on the wall.

Well that concludes my humble abode. 1 bath, 1 family room, 1 bedroom, and 1/2 kitchen. Front terrace, and a stellar view (posted earlier). Soon to come: strawberry fields accented with sunflowers when you walk out the door. in-sha-ALLAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment